Presenter/s: Manprit Aujla-Grewal RCIC
Date: 12 September 2019
Time: 10 am - 12:30 pm Pacific
Type: Webinar and recording
- ICCRC 2 CPD hours Approved
- LSBC pending - attendance to this course will provide you with 15 minutes of ethics and professional responsibility component for your BC Law Society reporting.
- For Alberta lawyers, consider including this course as a CPD learning activity in your mandatory annual Continuing Professional Development Plan as required by the Law Society of Alberta.
History of the program
General overview at present
Things we’re seeing
- Refusals for health and income reasons
- Multiple document requests
Processing times for 2018 cases
Clarity on income sources
- Foreign income
- Maternity leave benefits and similar
- Salary, investments
Definition of dependants
Jugpal and Motala decisions
Q & A
Manprit Aujla-Grewal RCIC
Manprit worked with IRCC (CIC at the time) during 2005 – 2006 at the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta. She also completed a term with IRCC at their Edmonton office assisting with landing interviews and managing inquiries from the general public.
Manprit accepted a position with the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program in 2006, starting as a Program Officer and progressing to Team Leader by the time she left in 2011. She also completed a 3-month term with the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program. Since 2011 she has been running her own practice, Canadian Immigration Connections, based in Edmonton. She has also worked part time with the University of Alberta – International Office as an Immigration Advisor.
While speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publication, sometimes things happen which are beyond the control of Imm Seminars. If that happens substitutions or cancellations to speaker/s and/or topic/s may be necessary. In those cases, Imm Seminars will advise all registrants by email as soon as possible. We will also update the Imm Seminars website. We appreciate your cooperation in these cases.
Type a description for this product here...